Schedule an Appointment
Need our help? All you have to do is call; no physician referral needed or waiting for the office nurse to call with a time. It’s just that simple.
How to Prepare
We will call you the day before your appointment to remind you of the date and time, as well as to give you specific instructions. If we miss you, here is the information you need:
1. If you are coming for a feeding consultation, avoid feeding the baby at least an hour before your appointment. For example, if your appointment is at 10am, try not to feed after 9am. Ideally, feeding somewhere between 7-8am will help ensure that the baby is ready to feed at the time of the consult, but hopefully is just starting to cue.
2. If you are replacement feeding (by bottle or other method) that’s perfectly ok! The same request in step 1 applies, but we also want you to pump immediately before or after the baby eats. Basically, we want to the baby full and the breast empty at around the same time. Not only will this help us evaluate how well the baby feeds, but also your milk production.
3. If you are exclusively pumping or need your pump checked, it’s a good idea to bring it with you. You can leave it in the car to have it available if you don’t want to carry it in; our parking lot is right at the front door and it will be easy to get if we need it.
4. If you have a pillow you really like to use, you can bring it. Otherwise we have pillows if you need one.
5. Bring your support! Of course, we need you and the baby, but it’s also nice if your partner or support person wants to attend as well. You will get a lot of information and instruction, and having someone else with you can really help with retention. Plus, we find that partners often ask the best questions, or remember more details about the birth!
Payment due at the time of visit will be your typical co-pay (if you have one), and your insurance will be billed. We contract with all major carriers, including Medicaid and Tricare. We don’t contract with Medicare. Insurance coverage is depending on your individual plan, created by your provider. You will need to bring insurance information for you and for baby, plus your drivers license or other form of official ID.
If you have questions, you can call our billing department at 803-788-6146.
Hours and Holidays
Our appointment days are Monday-Friday, and hours vary depending on location. We are closed on major holidays and for severe weather events. Our Facebook page, as well as the feed on our home page will reflect office closings.
Life with a newborn is very challenging-we get it! To help, we will call to remind you of your upcoming appointment and tell you what you need to prepare. However, sometimes families find that they can’t make a scheduled appointment, and that is ok. All we ask is that you notify us 24 hours in advance so that we can offer this time for someone else. Because these aren’t typical medical appointments, a “no show” or late cancellation means that we are left with an hour (or more) of unused time, often needed by another mom waiting to get in as soon as possible. Two missed appointments (those without 24 hour notice) will not be rescheduled.